Sage Encrusted Pork Roast
A juicy pork roast with an outer crusting of sage and seasonings.
- 1 kg pork loin (2.2lb)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Remove the meat from the fridge 1 hour before cooking to bring up to room temperature.
- Preheat a fan-assisted oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Cut shallow slices into the pork loin.
- Mix the sage, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Remove 1/2 tsp of the herb mix and set it aside.
- Rub the rest of the herb mix into the pork loin.
- Rub the olive oil onto the pork loin.
- Place the pork onto the aluminium foil in baking tray.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 tsp of herb rub you set aside earlier along the top of the pork loin.
- Roast the pork loin for 50 mins.
- If a meat thermometer reads 70 deg C or 160 deg F or above it’s done, if not, return it to the oven for 15 mins and then try again.
- Once the meat is done wrap it tightly in aluminium foil and leave it to rest for 20 mins.
- Cut and serve.
Net Carbs: 0.4g
Serving: 262gCalories: 722kcalCarbohydrates: 0.6gProtein: 68gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 708mgPotassium: 875mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 31IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!