This is a really simple recipe that re-heats well. To make it a bit faster I actually use frozen veggies and throw in a few handfuls instead of chopping things up. The ingredients used don’t need precision.
I make this in large batches before I work night shifts. I can take it with me for the canteen microwave or put it in the fridge for when I get home. It tastes great, is really filling, and very healthy.
I often pair it up with Courgette Noodles. Courgette Noodles can also be pre-made, covered in cling film, and heated up at the end of a work day with only a few minutes in the microwave. Think of this as re-heatable paleo spag bol!
Scrumptious Beef Mince which reheats too!
- 500 g beef mince (1.1lb)
- 115 g fennel (1/2 medium fennel)
- 200 g chopped tinned tomatoes (7oz)
- 100 g broccoli (about half a head of broccoli)
- 150 g cauliflower (about 1/4 head of cauliflower)
- 120 g bell pepper of any colour (about 1 medium bell pepper)
- 1 tsp lard
- 120 ml coconut cream (1/2 cup)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Heat the lard in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Fry the fennel and the bell pepper until soft.
- Add the beef mince to the same frying pan and fry for a further 5-10 mins until the meat is brown.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, the coconut cream and the chicken stock cube and leave to simmer for 40 mins.
- Meanwhile chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.Boil them for about 20 mins until soft.Drain them and discard the water.
- About 10 mins before the mince inishes simmering add the broccoli and the cauliflower and stir in.