Pork Chops with Honey Butter
A sweeter dinner for two. Juicy pork chops seared and covered with sweet honey and smooth butter.
- 2 pork chops
- 1/2 tbsp lard
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of black pepper
- Dry the pork chops with kitchen paper.
- Remove the pork chops from the fridge about 30 mins before cooking.
- Rub both sides of the pork chop with the 1/2 tsp of salt and the 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Melt the lard in a medium frying pan on a medium to high heat.
- Fry the seasoned pork chops 3 mins on one side. Flip and fry 3 mins on the other side.
- Remove the pork chops if the juices run clear. A meat thermometer should read 62 deg C or 145 deg F.
- Wrap the chops in aluminium foil and leave to one side.
- Meanwhile, in a different pan – frying pan or saucepan, it doesn't matter, melt the butter on a very low heat.
- Add the honey, garlic clove, pinches of salt and black pepper.
- Keep stirring until all the ingredients are warm and combined.
- Pour the honey mixture onto the pork chops and serve.
Net Carbs: 9.4g
Serving: 103gSodium: 675mgCalcium: 13mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 187IUSugar: 9gFiber: 0gPotassium: 307mgCholesterol: 83mgCalories: 285kcalTrans Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 8gFat: 17gProtein: 23gCarbohydrates: 9.6gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!