This recipe might look really complicated but don’t be fooled, it is actually incredibly easy. As long as the sun dried tomatoes are on hand you can whip it up for mid week dinner when you are short of time and impress all the people who don’t know any better.
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 20 g Sun Dried Tomatoes (1/3 cup)
- 225 g baby spinach (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 240 ml coconut cream (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried mustard powder
- Season all sides of the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium high heat.
- Fry the chicken breasts 7 mins on each side, cook for longer if needed until the juices run clear.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the pan, wrap them in aluminium foil and set aside.
- Fry the diced onion until translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic to the pan and immediately turned the hob down to low. Keep stirring to make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the coconut cream and stir in.
- Add the chicken stock cube, sage, rosemary, basil, parsley, mustard powder, sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach and stir in.
- Add the chicken breasts back in.
- Cook for a further 5 mins.