Simple Weeknight Fried Pork Chops
Thin cut pork chops quick fried in a pan. No fuss, deliciously tasty and juicy meat. Just right for a simple weeknight dinner for two.
- 2 thin cut bone-in pork chops (3oz or 85g)
- 3 tbsp lard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Remove the pork chops from the fridge about 15 minutes before cooking, so they warm up to room temperature before cooking.
- Melt the lard in a medium sized frying pan over a medium-high heat. (I use number 7.)
- Mix the salt, pepper, paprika and curry powder.
- Rub the spice mix on both sides of the pork chops.
- When the lard is sizzling, add both pork chops to the pan.
- Fry the pork chops for 3 minutes on one side, flip them over and fry for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove if the juices run clear.
- A meat thermometer should read 62°C (or 145°F).
- Wrap the cooked pork chops in aluminium foil and leave for 5 minutes.
Net Carbs: 0.3g
Serving: 107gSodium: 631mgCalcium: 11mgVitamin C: 0mgVitamin A: 290IUSugar: 0gFiber: 0gPotassium: 318mgCholesterol: 87mgCalories: 392kcalTrans Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 12gFat: 32gProtein: 23gCarbohydrates: 0.8gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!