Chicken Mango Curry
Juicy chicken breasts and spices, add in mango and some honey to make a sweeter kind of curry.
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 medium bell peppers (any colours) (240g)
- 1/2 medium fennel (115g)
- 1 medium mango (335g)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dice the chicken breast.Dice the bell peppers.Finely chop the fennel.Dice the mango.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium to high heat fry.
- Fry the chicken till it is just done, about 5 mins. Then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add bell peppers and fennel to the pan and fry till soft, about 10 mins.
- Add the curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 mins.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Mix together in a bowl the honey, white vinegar and chicken stock, then add to the frying pan.
- Re-add the chicken to the pan.
- Simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the mango and cook for another 5 mins until the mango is warm.
Net Carbs: 41.2g
Serving: 556gCalories: 481kcalCarbohydrates: 49.1gProtein: 42gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 511mgPotassium: 1171mgFiber: 8gSugar: 40gVitamin A: 6145IUVitamin C: 221mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!