Apple and Tomato Courgette Boats
Sweet and mild. Apple and tomato pieces presented on courgette boats and baked in the oven. A light side dish which works well with stronger, heavier mains.
- 2 medium courgettes
- 1 small tomato
- 30 g apple, peeled (1oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches dried basil
- Preheat a fan-assisted oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Wash the outside of the courgettes, top and tail them and cut in half length ways.Scoop out the flesh in the center making sure to leave enough of the flesh at either end to keep it as a boat. Keep the removed flesh.
- Cover all sides of the courgettes with the olive oil and sprinkle salt on the insides of both boats.
- Place each boat on baking paper on a baking tray.
- Finely chop the tomato and the apple.
- Mix the tomato, apple and courgette flesh toagether and spoon the mix back into the courgette boats.
- Give each boat a pinch of basil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Net Carbs: 7.1g
Serving: 264gCalories: 109kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 173mgPotassium: 640mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 780IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!