A Little About The Recipe: A Juicy and Tender Beef Roast
For a very long time, I avoided making beef anything. I struggled to cook it right, it was either too underdone or too overdone, I just couldn’t get it right. That was until I got this recipe right. I like my roasts without a pool of blood but not tough and difficult to chew either. This, for my family at least, is just perfect. Obviously, if you and yours prefer it less or more, adjust the cooking times to suit.
This is a great main dish for paleo, completely natural ingredients for optimum health. I recommend pairing it with Autumn Roasted Veggies.
I have put a warning on this recipe for those following the keto diet. Beef, quite naturally, has a substantial amount of protein over fat. Keto-ians (keto-ers? Ketosiers?) should moderate the serving size to around 100g – 150g or reduce the protein in other meals for that day to a very low amount to adjust for it. I would also recommend a hefty blob of Easy Homemade Mayonnaise with Salty Broccoli Bites as a side dish or possibly Garlic Butter Mushrooms instead.
With high protein, low carb, and only natural fat present, this is a perfect Atkins’ Diet recipe for both induction and maintenance phases. Try pairing it up with the Garlic Butter Mushrooms for the induction phase or Mashed Cauliflower and a touch of gravy for the ongoing and maintenance phases.
And Here It Is: A Juicy and Tender Beef Roast
A Juicy and Tender Beef Roast
- 1 kg beef joint (I used top side) (2.2lb)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- About 1 hour before cooking remove the joint from the fridge, pat dry with kitchen paper, rub with the salt on all sides and leave to reach room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Place the beef into the oven and roast for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins turn the oven down to 160 deg C (320 deg F).
- Roast for a further 40 mins. (For a more 'done' beef leave another 20 mins and it will be a bit more towards medium.)
- Remove the beef from the oven. Wrap it in the aluminium foil it is sitting on and then wrap a second layer around it.
- Leave it to rest for 10 mins.