A Little About the Recipe: Keto Easy Egg Salad
Keto Easy Egg Salad is a recipe to make up and leave in the fridge for work lunches; although it’s nice for a quick snack as well. Gather some lettuce, celery, cucumber and a nice big dollop of egg salad for a nice, easy lunch.
This recipe didn’t quite make full paleo or whole30 because of the smidgeon of Dijon mustard in the mayonnaise and, then again, in the egg salad. However, it is only a smidgeon, so if you aren’t so strict with the paleo, this will work for you. Keto and Atkins’, have no such Dijon mustard restrictions and, while the carb counts, both net and total, aren’t at nought/zero, they aren’t so far off either and it is coming from the eggs. This makes Keto Easy Egg Salad an allowable recipe for Atkins’ Induction as well as Maintenance and might make a bit of change from plain boiled eggs. The only point Atkins’ dieters might need to take into consideration is the fat over protein content.
And Here It Is: Keto Easy Egg Salad
Easy Egg Salad
- 8 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup Easy Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
To hard boil the Eggs
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover them with water.
- Place the pan on the hob, turn the hob up to the highest heat.
- When the water is boiling. Set a timer for 6 mins.
- When the time is done take the pan off the hob, pour out the hot water from the pan and replace with cold water until all the eggs are cool to the touch – you might have to replace the water a few times until this happens.
Making the Salad
- Peel the eggs.
- Add the Easy Homemade Mayonnaise (or the store-bought mayonnaise if you didn't feel like making it).
- Add the Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and dill.
- Use a fork to mix everything together, break up the boiled eggs into small pieces as you go.
A Little About Us: Alex, Carl, Isla and Taran
My kids are back at school.
Let’s just let this sink in…
The kids have gone back to school.
I vacuumed my rug without screams of “Hoover Monster!” echoing in my ears. Afterwards, I cleaned and organised my mess of a washroom without needing to accommodate any unhelpful help.
I made a start on my Teach English as a Foreign Language Course, which will, hopefully, be my new career in a few months.
I went to a shop, and very leisurely browsed the offerings. I didn’t have to divert to the chocolate section due to “Chocolate, Mummy!”. I didn’t have to hustle outside before a tantrum entered into full swing. I didn’t have to fight on the front lines of an epic battle to pick and choose what I needed. I got what I desired for my Easy Egg Salad and nothing more.
I made this for my husband, so he had a keto lunch to take to work and shift those extra ‘lock-down’ pounds, but it’s paleo-ish as well. The only non-paleo ingredient is the Dijon mustard, so it depends how strict you are.
Now, I am wondering whether I can go and get the kids back home a bit early from the after-school club because I am missing them. In fact, I think I will. Never satisfied, me!