This particular recipe was a sort of dump everything together before it goes off and see what happens kind of recipe. It’s like a paleo Chinese stir fry. I have to say before you make it that it has a kind of fluorescent shade of green! My son, Taran, thought this was an awesome colour! That really isn’t a recommendation though as he is three and will currently say anything for a monster truck sticker. He refused to try and taste it but the colour was a definite hit. It intrigued my husband enough who stole some and thought the recipe was worth keeping.
Cauliflower Shrimp Curry
- 400 g shrimp (14oz)
- 100 g broccoli florets (3.5 oz)
- 200 g cauliflower
- 25 g spring onion (2 medium sized)
- 1 tbsp lard
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 240 ml coconut cream (1 cup)
- Place the cauliflower in the food processor to make it into fine grains as you would for cauliflower rice.
- Chop the spring onions.
- Place the broccoli on a plate and microwave on full power till soft, about 7 mins.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt the lard on a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the cauliflower rice and the spring onions to the frying pan, stir for 5-10 mins until everything is soft.
- Add the now cooked broccoli to the frying pan.
- Add the shrimp, curry powder, salt, coriander, turmeric, basil, ginger, and garlic powder to the pan and cook for 4 mins while stirring often.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add the coconut cream.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 mins.