Tomato and Red Pepper Curry
Peppery Indian spices combined with the sweet flavours of roasted tomato, red bell pepper and fennel.
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved (7oz)
- 200 g red bell pepper, diced (7oz)
- 120 g fennel, finely chopped (4.2oz of 1/2 a medium fennel)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lard
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1.5 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp dried ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In the oven
- Preheat a fan-assisted oven to 200 deg C (or 400 deg F).
- Mix the cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, fennel and olive oil in a casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins, stirring half way through.
On the Hob
- About 20 mins through oven cooking, heat the lard on the hob in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves, tomato puree, grated fresh ginger to the frying pan and stir for 3 mins.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt and black pepper and stir for another 2 mins.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven. Stir the spice mix in with the tomato, fennel and bell pepper and place the casserole dish back into the oven.
- Bake for a further 10 mins.
Net Carbs: 10.8g
Serving: 285gCalories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 16.4gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 637mgPotassium: 760mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 4559IUVitamin C: 150mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!