Cauliflower Crisp Creole Style Chicken
Juicy chicken breast covered in crisped cauliflower and a delicious creole style seasoning mix.
- 2x 200g chicken breasts (2x 7oz)
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 65 g cauliflower, finely ground particles (like uncooked cauliflower rice)(1 cup)
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried ground mustard
- Mix the sweet paprika, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, mustard and the cauliflower on a plate.
- Place the beaten egg on another plate.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg one side and the other and then into the cauliflower mix one side and then the other. Use your fingers to put some more cauliflower any sparse areas.
- Melt the lard on a medium high heat and wait till it starts shimmering.
- Fry the chicken for 5 mins on each side, try not to move the chicken around the pan to much.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the heat and serve.
Net Carbs: 3.3g
Serving: 280gCalories: 447kcalCarbohydrates: 5.8gProtein: 65gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 1363mgPotassium: 749mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1236IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!