Pork Chops with Smoked Paprika Seasoning
Pork chops dusted with smoked paprika and seasonings pan seared to make a tasty and juicy week night main course.
- 2x 115g pork chops (2 x 4oz)
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Remove the pork chops from the fridge 15 mins before cooking to bring them up to room temperature.
- Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, allspice, dried mustard powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pat dry the pork chops with kitchen towel.
- Rub all sides of the pork chops with the seasoning mix.
- Melt the lard in a small frying pan on a medium heat.
- When the lard starts to shimmer cook the pork chops 3 mins on side and then 2 mins on the other side.
- Remove if cooked. The juices should run clear and a meat thermometer should read 62 deg C or 145 deg F.
- Wrap in aluminium foil and leave for 5 mins.
Net Carbs: 1.2g
Serving: 127gCalories: 313kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 33gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 660mgPotassium: 467mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 574IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!