Butternut and Bell Pepper Curry
Warm curry spices with butternut squash, bell pepper, apple, honey and coconut cream.
- 260 g butternut squash, de-seeded and cubed (half of an average squash)
- 175 g bell pepper(any colour), diced (1 cup or 1 whole bell pepper)
- 1 small apple, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lard (butter tastes better if you prefer paleo-ish)
- 60 ml coconut cream (1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp dried ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
In the Oven
- Preheat a fan-assisted oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Mix the olive oil and butternut squash.
- Spread the butternut squash out on a baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 35 mins.
On the Hob
- Around 15 mins before the squash has finished cooking melt the lard in a large frying pan on the hob at a medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and fry for about 5-10 mins, till it softens.
- Add the apple and cook until soft, about 2-3 mins.
- The butternut squash should now be finished cooking, add it into the frying pan along with the garlic, curry powder, ground dried ginger, salt, cinnamon and garam masala. Mix everything together and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring often.
- Turn the hob to low.
- Add the coconut cream, honey, white vinegar, sweet paprika and stir in.
- Simmer for a further 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
Net Carbs: 31.3g
Serving: 328gCalories: 390kcalCarbohydrates: 39.2gProtein: 3gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 11mgPotassium: 690mgFiber: 8gSugar: 23gVitamin C: 101mgCalcium: 72mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!