From the American South original; juicy shrimp covered in blackening spices and sizzled in lard.
- 400 g shrimp (14oz)
- 1/2 tbsp lard (use butter for keto but increase the amount to 1 tbsp)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (use more/less or omit entirely if desired)
- Mix the blackening spices, smoked paprika, garlic, salt, chives, basil, thyme, black pepper and cayenne pepper, in a bowl.
- Mix the shrimp into the blackening spices. Try to cover all the sides of each shrimp.
- Melt the lard on a medium to high heat.
- Fry the shrimp for about 2 mins on each side until cooked. They should turn pinkish rather than be grey coloured when done.
Net Carbs: 3.7g
Serving: 210gCalories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 3.8gProtein: 46gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 428mgSodium: 2484mgPotassium: 354mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 620IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 191mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!