Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes and Wilted Spinach in Coconut Cream Sauce
Pan seared salmon simmered in a creamy coconut sauce with cherry tomatoes, red onion and wilted spinach.
- 2x 200g salmon fillets (2 x 7oz fillets)
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered dependent on size (5oz)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 225 g spinach leaves (1 cup)
- 240 ml coconut cream (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinches of salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and tomatoes till they are just turning soft.
- Dry the salmon with kitchen paper and season with a pinch of salt for each all sides.
- Push the onion and tomatoes to the outside of the pan and add the salmon fillets to the centre.
- Fry the salmon fillets for 4 mins on each side.
- Push the salmon to the outside and bring the onion and tomatoes to the center again.
- To the centre of the pan add the crushed garlic, basil, sage, salt, black pepper, mustard powder and curry powder. Stir into the onions and tomatoes for 1 min.
- Add in the coconut cream and spinach and immediately turn the heat down to low.
- Stir everything together (be careful not to break up the salmon fillets) and simmer on low for 5-10 mins until the spinach starts to wilt.
Net Carbs: 14.3g
Serving: 567gCalories: 888kcalCarbohydrates: 21.4gProtein: 60gFat: 65gSaturated Fat: 40gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 801mgPotassium: 2558mgFiber: 7gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 11272IUVitamin C: 49mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!