A Juicy and Tender Beef Roast
An easy recipe for a succulent medium to rare roast beef any day of the week.
- 1 kg beef joint (I used top side) (2.2lb)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- About 1 hour before cooking remove the joint from the fridge, pat dry with kitchen paper, rub with the salt on all sides and leave to reach room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Place the beef into the oven and roast for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins turn the oven down to 160 deg C (320 deg F).
- Roast for a further 40 mins. (For a more 'done' beef leave another 20 mins and it will be a bit more towards medium.)
- Remove the beef from the oven. Wrap it in the aluminium foil it is sitting on and then wrap a second layer around it.
- Leave it to rest for 10 mins.
Net Carbs: 0g
Serving: 251gCalories: 400kcalCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 75gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 462mgPotassium: 960mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 35IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!