Tomato Twist Tuna Burger
Tuna burgers with an added tomato kick.
- 230 g tinned tuna (1 cup)
- 120 g fennel (1/2 medium fennel)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 small egg
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat a fan-assisted oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F).
- Drain as much liquid as you can from the tinned tuna.Finely chop the fennel (I blitz it in a food processor).Crush the garlic clove.
- Mix the tuna, fennel, garlic, tomato puree, egg, salt and black pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the base of a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Take small amounts of the mixture, squeeze out any excess moisture as you go and shape them into small patties about 2-3 inches or 5-7 cm in diameter on paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Net Carbs: 4.3g
Serving: 208gCalories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 6.4gProtein: 37gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 635mgPotassium: 576mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 830IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!