Juicy-licious Pork Roast
An incredibly juicy pork joint with a salty crusting.
- 1.2 kg pork joint (2.6lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove the meat from the fridge about half an hour before cooking and lightly score the meat with a sharp knife, thicker bits of fat may have to be stabbed through.
- Rub the salt into the meat on all sides and then rub over the meat again with the olive oil.
- Preheat a fan-assisted oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and place the pork joint on top.
- Place the tray in the oven.
- Cook the pork for 50 mins.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the centre of the meat. If it reads 70 deg C (160 deg F) or above it's done. If not, return it to the oven for another 15 mins before trying again. Keep going till you get the right temperature.
- Once you get the correct temperature from the meat remove the oven and wrap the joint in the aluminium foil it was roasted on and add another layer as well.
- Leave the meat to rest for 30 mins.
Net Carbs: 0g
Serving: 308gCalories: 570kcalCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 85gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 228mgSodium: 785mgPotassium: 1260mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 24IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!