Roasted Butternut Squash
Another basic recipe worth knowing. Just butternut squash, salt and olive oil for use as a side dish by itself or a component of another recipe.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat a fan-assisted oven to 200 deg C or 400 deg F.
- Peel and de-seed the butternut squash.
- Cut it into cubes about an inch square.
- Mix the butternut squash cubes, the olive oil and the salt together.
- Spread the squash cube out on baking paper on a baking tray.
- Roast for about 35 mins turning the squash cubes about half way through.
Net Carbs: 16.4g
Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 23.6gProtein: 2gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgPotassium: 639mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 25099IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!