Creamy Parsnip and Leek with Ginger
A side dish or soup packed full of flavour for pure veggie decadence.
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1 medium leek
- 1 tbsp oil (any mild tasting oil)
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger (1/2 inch)
- 1 clove garlic
- 240 ml coconut cream (1 cup)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 chicken stock cube (use a vegetable cube for vegetarian)
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Peel and dice the parsnips.
- Fry the parsnips until soft.
- Slice the leek and add to the frying pan.
- Grate the ginger, crush the garlic and add them into the frying pan.
- Fry until the leek softens.
- Add the lemon juice, curry powder, salt, pepper, chicken stock cube and coconut cream.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer.
- If this is to be a soup rather than a side dish add 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer for 15 mins.
- Serve as is for side dish. Mix it all with a hand held blender for a soup.
Net Carbs: 15.1g
Serving: 275gCalories: 510kcalCarbohydrates: 34.6gProtein: 7gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 37gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 103mgPotassium: 889mgFiber: 9gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 743IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!